A settling tank is a tremendous upgrade to the bilge water system as it provides possibilities to skim off floating oil and to drain the accumulated sediments. The tank should be preferably a two or more stage tank, high in shape with no sides connected to the sea, equipped with various test cocks and the filling of the settling tank should be automated to match the separator discharge rate. If a settling tank is filled in batches there is a risk of mixing settled sediments with oil and longer settling time.
Marinfloc offers a complete two stage settling tank assembly which includes filling automation that matches the discharge rate of the oily water separator. It also includes heating automation for steam, thermal oil or electric heating. Oil will be trapped in the first stage and will due to the density difference automatically be separated from the water. Sediments will be trapped in the bottom section of the settling tanks and can be drained to the oily sludge tank.
- Will increase OWS cleaning capacity
- Will reduce maintenance costs
- Separate foundations for short and flexible installations
- Installation costs are low and the installation can be done during voyage
- Wide range capacity as per customer request to fit all engine rooms
Dowloads for Settling tanks